This data privacy notice concerns Strathearn Distillery Ltd (hereafter referred to as "Strathearn Distillery"), Registered in Scotland with Company Number SC440650, registered office 57/59 High Street, Dunblane, Perthshire, FK15 0EE, tel: +44 01738 840 100. If you have any queries regarding this policy please contact [email protected]
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual (data subject) who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in Strathearn Distillery's possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Strathearn Distillery Ltd is the data controller. This means Strathearn Distillery decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Strathearn Distillery complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To enable Strathearn Distillery to provide services to your business to fulfil a contract(s) made between your company and Strathearn Distillery;
- To keep you up to date with Strathearn Distillery business news and events;
- To send you information about Strathearn Distillery products and services;
- To track usage of our website through the use of Google Analytics;
- To manage our employees;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about Strathearn Distillery business news and events;
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about Strathearn Distillery products and services;
- Processing is necessary to fulfil a contract(s) made between your company and Strathearn Distillery where you represent your company;
- Processing is necessary to fulfil a contract made between you and Strathearn Distillery;
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
It may be shared with selected data processors in order to fulfil the legal basis for processing, examples of which are as data processors required to fulfil a contract; data processors who fulfil e-mail marketing activity for Strathearn Distillery; and data processors who provide payroll services.
All data processors are subject to confidentiality and we will not share your data with other third parties which are outside of the scope of the documented legal basis for processing.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Where you are representing your company, we will keep your details for the duration of your companies contract with us. If you leave your company or your company is no longer contracted with Strathearn Distillery, then we will keep your details for 24 months in order to provide transparency to decisions you may have made.
If we hold your details based on your consent, we review data annually and records that are older then 24 months from when you provided your consent will be distroyed. We will ask you before the end of this period for your consent again.
7. Your rights and your personal dataUnless subject to an exemption under the GDPR or any other corporate compliance or legal requirement, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Strathearn Distillery holds about you;
- The right to request that Strathearn Distillery corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Strathearn Distillery to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- The right to request that Strathearn Distillery provides the data subject with their personal data in a commonly used electronic format;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Like many other websites, we use "cookies" to help us gather and store information about visitors to our websites. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
We use the following types of cookies on our site;
- Preference Cookie - At your request we may place a cookie to remember your preferences so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. This is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else.
- Social Sharing - This is a cookie that identifies you with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and allows interaction between your activity on social networking sites and on our website through your direction, and makes your transition between the sites more seamless.
- Content Management cookies - These are cookies required for the content management system that our web site is besed on to work.
- Template preference cookies - These cookies are necessary for mobile sites to enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
- Shopping Cart Cookie - We will store the contents of your shopping cart in a persistent cookie on the site to allow you to pass through our checkout process
- Site Analytics - We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. The information used by Google Analytics is collected in an anonymous form and stored by Google for 26 months, enabling us to perform year on year comparisons. For more information about Google Analytics please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB
9. Further processing
We will not use your personal data for any task other than those listed here.
Should a new unforeseen requirement arise in the future then this policy will be updated and where the Strathearn Distillery basis for processing is based on consent, we will ask you for a new consent which covers the new requirement before processing your details for this new requirement.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in the first instance please contact Strathearn Distillery using [email protected] Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.